St. Agnes Catholic Church
Sat: 5:30pm in Grinnell, KS and 7pm in Park, KS
Sun: 8am in Grainfield and 10am in Park, KS
Adoration Wed: 6:30-8:30pm
Weekdays (Tues & Thurs): 8am
1st Thursday Devotions following Mass to pray for Vocations
Who We Are
The St. Agnes Catholic Church in Grainfield, Kansas provides many avenues in which Catholic members can further their religious devotions. St. Agnes offers CYO, a youth organization that was founded so that the youth in the parish could have their own service organization and could participate in enjoyable activities while expanding the knowledge of their faith. St. Agnes CCD provides quality religious education with small town values, making a lasting impression on a child’s development from first grade through Post-Confirmation Religious Education and Sacramental Preparation. In addition, the St. Agnes Ladies and Knights of Columbus serve the local community by assisting with funeral dinners and fund raisers benefiting the community. St. Agnes Church of Grainfield is the place for both young and old to worship and continue the Christian convictions of Catholic faith.
- First Mass celebrated in the George Birrer home by Father O’Brian in 1885.
- A wooden structure church was blessed by Bishop Cunningham on October 3, 1910 but later burned down on April 29, 1928.
- The current St. Agnes Church was dedicated by Most Reverand Bishop Frank Thill on May 9, 1951.
- The St. Agnes Education Center was constructed across the street from the church in 1964.
St. Agnes CCD
- Director of Religious Education – Cammie Heier
- 1st Grade Teacher – Charlotte Manhart
- 3rd – 5th – Dale Manhart
- 6th – 8th – Ronna Schultz
- Confirmation Class – Stephanie Heier
- Classes begin at 7:00 pm every Wednesday
- If school is cancelled, CCD is cancelled (Watch bulletin for schedule changes)
- Great teaching staff role models
- Class size allows for more individualized student attention
- Strong faith based value system
- Lenten Retreats
St. Agnes CYO (Grades 9-12)
- Community service
- Learning more about the Catholic Faith
Father Melvin J. Ruhkamp Trophy (1980, 1981 & 1982)
- Monthly meetings scheduled
- Fundraising activities
St. Agnes Ladies
- Funeral dinners
- Give money to charitable organizations
- Offer two $250 scholarships each year to qualifying seniors
- Monthly meetings on the 2nd Sunday
(Sept – May) following Mass
President: Diana Kaiser
Contact Information / Location:
St. Agnes Education Center
Grand Knight for Knights of Columbus
Parish Council Members
Mark Heier (Chair person)
Diana Kaiser – Liturgy Chairman
Cammie Heier – Safe Environment Coordinator
Meeting held on the third Monday of each month.
St. Agnes Day Celebration on the Sunday nearest January 21, the Feat Day of the patroness of our parish.
Totus-Tuus: hosted every 3rd year
Fr. James M. Thomas
PO Box 156, 266 Cedar Street, Grainfield KS 67737
St. Agnes Education Center
PO Box 156, 288 Cedar Street, Grainfield KS 67737
Available to rent: 785.673.4394 or 785.673.6082